WSQ Courses (Units)
Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material (WSQ Certificate)
WSQ Certificate in Floristry Operations Unit:
Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material
On successful completion of this course, learners will have the knowledge and skills and applicable skills to care for and store fresh flowers and plant material. The unit covers techniques required to receive stock, grade and check the quality, minimise cross-contamination, condition, treat and store fresh flowers, use appropriate containers for storage, dye floral material and maintain and care for potted plants.
Fresh flowers, foliages, and learner guides will be provided. Students will be bringing home 3 different floral designs – Parallel, Crescent, and Inverted T.
Admin Fee: $50
Registration Fee: $50 (applicable to new students only)
Admin and Registration fees cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.
Where applicable, students may proceed to claim SkillsFuture Credits on receipt of an official invoice from NIFD.
Please refer to the tables below for more information.
Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material – FL-FP-101C-1/ TGS-2018501372
Unit Abbreviation: Care
1. Observe safety procedures whilst caring for and storing flowers and plant material
2. Receiving and checking deliveries of fresh flowers and plant material
3. Sort and grade fresh flowers and foliage for use or storage
4. Conditioning fresh flowers and foliage for use or storage
5. Prepare and store fresh flowers and foliage
6. Maintain quality of fresh flowers and plant material
Mode of Training
|Core Unit||Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| |
|FL-FP-101C-1||TGS-2018501372||Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material||Core||24||Apr 1, 8, 9 |
Jun 14, 16, 18
|Jun 6, 13, 19 |
Sep 11, 12, 18
|Core Unit/ Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit||Duration |
|Care and Store Fresh Flowers and Plant Material||Core||24||$890|
Certifiable courses approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will receive SSG's funding:
(1) Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents ≥ Age 21
(2) SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – for Singaporeans ≥ Age 40
All the applicants must attain minimum attendance of 75% in the course, attempt all assessments and be certified competent in order to be eligible for the funding. Failing which the applicant is liable to the forfeiture of the grant and bear the full course.
WSQ Course Fee
Singaporean ≥ Age 40
Singaporean Age 21 to 39
Total Unit Fee (1 unit - 24 Hours)
Nett Unit Fee (SkillsFuture Credit Claimable for Singaporeans & SPR)
Admin & Registration Fee (Not Claimable by SkillsFuture Credit, Non-refundable)*
Nett Fee Payable
*Admin Fee $50 (applicable to new and returning students), Registration Fee $50 (only applicable to new students)
- Able to Use Computer Software such as MS Office
- Able to Listen, Read, Speak and Write in English at a Proficiency Level