Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas (WSQ Certificate)
WSQ Certificate in Floristry Operations Unit:
Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas
On successful completion of this unit, the participant will have the knowledge and application skills to use and maintain tools, equipment, floral hardware, and work areas. The unit covers skills and techniques to identify, use and maintain tools, maintain and clean equipment, identify, prepare and use floral hardware, store and maintain silk, dried, and simulated flowers, and clean work areas.
Fresh flowers, foliages, and learner guides will be provided. Students will be bringing home 1 floral design – Asymmetrical Floral Design using Floral Tools.
Admin Fee: $50
Registration Fee: $50 (applicable to new students only)
Admin and Registration fees cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.
Where applicable, students may proceed to claim SkillsFuture Credits on receipt of an official invoice from NIFD.
Please refer to the tables below for more information.
Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas – FL-FS-101C-1/ TGS-2017501449
Unit Abbreviation: Tools
1. Demonstrate use and maintenance of a selection of tools and equipment commonly used in the commercial floristry industry
2. Select and prepare floral hardware for use as required in assembling floral product
3. Store and maintain silk, dried and simulated flowers and plant material
4. Clean and maintain work and storage areas under supervision
Mode of Training
|Core Unit||Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| |
|FL-FS-101C-1||TGS-2017501449||Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas||Core||16||Dec 3, 4 |
Apr 22, 23
Jul 1, 2
|Dec 12, 13 |
Jun 26, Jul 3
|Core Unit/ Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit||Duration |
|Use and Maintain Tools, Equipment, Floral Hardware and Work Areas||Core||16||$580|
Certifiable courses approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will receive SSG's funding:
(1) Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents ≥ Age 21
(2) SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – for Singaporeans ≥ Age 40
All the applicants must attain minimum attendance of 75% in the course, attempt all assessments and be certified competent in order to be eligible for the funding. Failing which the applicant is liable to the forfeiture of the grant and bear the full course.
WSQ Course Fee
Singaporean ≥ Age 40
Singaporean Age 21 to 39
Total Unit Fee (1 unit - 16 Hours)
Nett Unit Fee (SkillsFuture Credit Claimable for Singaporeans & SPR)
Admin & Registration Fee (Not Claimable by SkillsFuture Credit, Non-refundable)*
Nett Fee Payable
*Admin Fee $50 (applicable to new and returning students), Registration Fee $50 (only applicable to new students)
- Able to Use Computer Software such as MS Office
- Able to Listen, Read, Speak and Write in English at a Proficiency Level