Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials for Use in Commercial Floristry (WSQ Certificate)
WSQ Certificate in Floristry Operations Unit:
Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials for Use in Commercial Floristry
On successful completion of this unit, the participant will have the knowledge and application skills to recognise and select flowers and plant material for use in commercial floristry, including the basic principles to correctly select quality fresh flower and plan material stock such as basic plant knowledge, functions of main plant structures and desired features and characteristics.
Admin Fee: $50
Registration Fee: $50 (applicable to new students only)
Admin and Registration fees cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.
Where applicable, students may proceed to claim SkillsFuture Credits on receipt of an official invoice from NIFD.
Please refer to the tables below for more information.
Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials for Use in Commercial Floristry – FL-HS-101C-1/ TGS-2017500895
Unit Abbreviation: Select Flowers
1. State the functions of the main parts of a plant
2. Recognise the role of environmental factors when maintaining the quality of flowers and foliage
3. Recognise common plant growth habits or shapes to aid identification
4. Recognise a selection of the commonly used flowers and plant materials by the botanical and common and/or market name
5. Select quality flowers and plant material according to the desired characteristics as required in commercial floristry work
Mode of Training
Classroom and Field Trip
|Core Unit||Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| |
|FL-HS-101C-1||TGS-2017500895||Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials for Use in Commercial Floristry||Core||24||Dec 10, 11, 14 |
Mar 10, 11, 12
May 17, 19, 21
|Apr 24, 25, May 2 |
Apr 10, 17, 18
|Core Unit/ Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit||Duration |
|Recognise and Select Flowers and Plant Materials for Use in Commercial Floristry||Core||24||$890|
Certifiable courses approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will receive SSG's funding:
(1) Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents ≥ Age 21
(2) SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – for Singaporeans ≥ Age 40
All the applicants must attain minimum attendance of 75% in the course, attempt all assessments and be certified competent in order to be eligible for the funding. Failing which the applicant is liable to the forfeiture of the grant and bear the full course.
WSQ Course Fee
Singaporean ≥ Age 40
Singaporean Age 21 to 39
Total Unit Fee (1 unit - 24 Hours)
Nett Unit Fee (SkillsFuture Credit Claimable for Singaporeans & SPR)
Admin & Registration Fee (Not Claimable by SkillsFuture Credit, Non-refundable)*
Nett Fee Payable
*Admin Fee $50 (applicable to new and returning students), Registration Fee $50 (only applicable to new students)
- Able to Use Computer Software such as MS Office
- Able to Listen, Read, Speak and Write in English at a Proficiency Level