Dress Floral Product with Bows, Wrapping and Other Decorative Accessories (WSQ Certificate)
WSQ Certificate in Floristry Operations Unit:
Dress Floral Product with Bows, Wrapping and Other Decorative Accessories
On successful completion of this unit, participants will have the knowledge and application skills to dress and enhance commercial floristry work. The unit covers techniques to identify and construct bows (flat, puff chair bows) with various types of ribbons and other suitable materials, materials, and methods for wrapping, forms of boxes, bags, and containers, and the use of other decorative accessories for a variety of basic commercial floristry products.
Fresh flowers, foliages, and learner guides will be provided. Students will be bringing home the designs created in class.
Admin Fee: $50
Registration Fee: $50 (applicable to new students only)
Admin and Registration fees cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.
Where applicable, students may proceed to claim SkillsFuture Credits on receipt of an official invoice from NIFD.
Please refer to the tables below for more information.
Dress Floral Product with Bows, Wrapping and Other Decorative Accessories – FL-FS-102C-1/ TGS-2019502254
Unit Abbreviation: Bows
1. Identify and use tools and equipment to prepare and secure dressings
2. Identify the types and purposes of ribbons commonly used to dress floral product
3. Prepare simple bows from a variety of commonly used ribbons
4. Dress selection of floral products with standard wrapping
5. Identify the types and purposes of decorative bags, boxes and containers commonly used in floristry
6. Recognise and use a selection of decorative accessories and floral hardware
7. Select suitable types of cards, envelopes, cardholders and message holders for use in floristry
Mode of Training
|Core Unit||Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| |
|FL-FS-102C-1||TGS-2019502254||Dress Floral Product with Bows, Wrapping and Other Decorative Accessories||Core||16||Jan 14, 19 |
May 6, 7
Jun 28, 29
|Apr 10, 17 |
|Core Unit/ Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit||Duration |
|Dress Floral Product with Bows, Wrapping and Other Decorative Accessories||Core||16||$550|
Certifiable courses approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will receive SSG's funding:
(1) Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents ≥ Age 21
(2) SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – for Singaporeans ≥ Age 40
All the applicants must attain minimum attendance of 75% in the course, attempt all assessments and be certified competent in order to be eligible for the funding. Failing which the applicant is liable to the forfeiture of the grant and bear the full course.
WSQ Course Fee
Singaporean ≥ Age 40
Singaporean Age 21 to 39
Total Unit Fee (1 unit - 16 Hours)
Nett Unit Fee (SkillsFuture Credit Claimable for Singaporeans & SPR)
Admin & Registration Fee (Not Claimable by SkillsFuture Credit, Non-refundable)*
Nett Fee Payable
*Admin Fee $50 (applicable to new and returning students), Registration Fee $50 (only applicable to new students)
- Able to Use Computer Software such as MS Office
- Able to Listen, Read, Speak and Write in English at a Proficiency Level