WSQ Courses (Units)
Bundled Units (WSQ Advanced Certificate)
WSQ Advanced Certificate in Floristry Supervision
Competencies in this level of qualification equip senior florist with advanced floristry skills that further facilitate their work standard to supervisory roles.
Competency Integrated Module Offered
This integrated module, Advance Design with Gifts and Florals, will have 3 units*:
(a) Apply Design Elements, Principles and Craftsmanship to Floral Designs
(b) Design and Create Fresh Flower Arrangements Using a Base Medium
(c) Design and Create Gift and Floral Items Using Containers
On successful completion of part (a) of this module, the student will have the knowledge and skills to apply the artistic elements and principles of design to internationally and locally recognized floral design forms and floral styles. Design techniques used in floristry to display artistry, creativity, and craftsmanship will be included to enhance design skills.
On completion of part (b) and (c), the participant will have the knowledge and application skills to design, plan, prepare, produce and evaluate fresh flower designs using a base medium, gift, and floral items using containers of all varieties. It includes the creative use of various mediums combined with the use of varying types of suitable containers for floral arrangements, as well as creative dressing with bows, wraps, and accessories, combined with the theme of the occasion and the needs of the client.
*All 3 units have to be taken as a whole.
Note: NIFD is only offering the above 3 units. Students may seek to undertake the remaining training modules in the course with other training providers, if available.
Admin Fee: $50
Registration Fee: $50 (applicable to new students only)
Admin and Registration fees cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.
Where applicable, students may proceed to claim SkillsFuture Credits on receipt of an official invoice from NIFD.
Please refer to the tables below for more information.
Apply Design Elements, Principles and Craftsmanship to Floral Designs – FL-DS-301C-1/ TGS-2014501126
1. Interpret the elements and principles of design as applied in floral design forms
2. Apply design techniques to construct recognised floral design styles
3. Develop floral design concept
4. Demonstrate a range of drawing techniques and craftsmanship to represent personal interpretative floral designs
Design and Create Fresh Flower Arrangements Using a Base Medium – FL-FD-302C-1/ TGS-2014501126
1. Determine the concept for a customized arrangement using fresh plant material in a base medium
2. Develop detailed design specification for customized arrangement using fresh plant material in a base medium
3. Create customized arrangement using fresh plant material in a base medium
Design and Create Gift and Floral Items Using Containers – FL-FD-304E/ TGS-2014501126
1. Determine the concept for a customized gift and floral items using containers
2. Develop detailed design specification for customized gift and floral items using containers
3. Create customized gift and floral items using containers
|Core Unit||Module Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| |
|FL-DS-301C-1||TGS-2014501126||Apply Design Elements, Principles and Craftsmanship to Floral Designs||Core||24|| |
|FL-DS-302C-1||Design and Create Fresh Flower Arrangements Using a Base Medium||Core||32|
|FL-DS-304E-1||Design and Create Gift and Floral Items Using Containers||Elective||24|
|Core Unit/ Unit Reference||List of Competency Units||Unit|| Duration |
|Apply Design Elements, Principles and Craftsmanship to Floral Designs||Core||24||–|
|Design and Create Fresh Flower Arrangements Using a Base Medium||Core||32|
|Design and Create Gift and Floral Items Using Containers||Elective||24|
Certifiable courses approved by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will receive SSG's funding:
(1) Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents ≥ Age 21
(2) SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – for Singaporeans ≥ Age 40
All the applicants must attain minimum attendance of 75% in the course, attempt all assessments on the last day of every course and be certified competent in order to be eligible for the funding. Failing which the applicant is liable to the forfeiture of the grant and bear the full course.
|Singaporean ≥ Age 40 |
(Age Based on Year,
MCES Funding 70%)
|Singaporean Age 21 to 39 |
or Singapore PR
(Age Based on Year,
SSG Funding 50%)
|Total Module Fee (3 units – 60 Hours)||$2300||$2300||$2300|
|Nett Module Fee (SkillsFuture Credit Claimable for Singaporeans & SPR)||$690||$1150||$2300|
|Admin & Registration Fee (Not Claimable by SkillsFuture Credit, Non-refundable)*||$100|| |
|Nett Fee Payable||$790||$1250||$2400|
*Admin Fee $50 (applicable to new and returning students), Registration Fee $50 (only applicable to new students)
- Having Completed WSQ Higher Certificate in Floristry Operations*
- Knowledge of the Elements, Principles, Techniques and Forms of Design
- Able to Use Computer Software such as MS Office
- Awareness of Copyright, Moral Rights and Intellectual Property Issues
- Able to Listen, Read, Speak and Write in English at a Proficiency Level
*Or equivalent floral knowledge, subjected to Nobleman's evaluation of student's competency to join this course